|Armageddon Outta Here|
|Armageddon Outta Here|
|Cover Artist||Tom Percival|
|Date Published||3 July 2014 (hardback), 29 January 2015 (paperback) |
|Date Set In||Various time periods spanning 1861 to 2012|
|No. of pages||432|
Skulduggery Pleasant: Last Stand of Dead Men
Skulduggery Pleasant: The Dying of the Light
Armageddon Outta Here is a collection of all the previous short stories and novellas published in the series along with 3 new short stories, 1 new novella and a sample chapter from the final book. It was released on the 3rd July 2014. The paperback edition was released on January 19th 2015 with a slightly updated cover. It featured 3 more new stories: two concerning Billy-Ray Sanguine and the third a heavily edited version of the Theatre of Shadows story.
- 1 Official Summary
- 2 Included Stories
- 2.1 Across a Dark Plain
- 2.2 The Horror Writers' Halloween Ball
- 2.3 The Lost Art Of World Domination
- 2.4 Gold, Babies And The Brothers Muldoon
- 2.5 The Slightly Ignominious End To The Legend Of Black Annis
- 2.6 Friday Night Fights
- 2.7 Myosotis Terra
- 2.8 The Wonderful Adventures of Geoffrey Scrutinous
- 2.9 Just Another Friday Night
- 2.10 The End Of The World
- 2.11 Trick Or Treat
- 2.12 Theatre of Shadows
- 2.13 Get Thee Behind Me, Bubba Moon
- 2.14 The Button
- 2.15 Death and Texas
- 2.16 Eyes of the Beholder
- 2.17 Theatre of Shadows
- 3 Refuted
- 4 Story Treatments
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
One AMAZING new novella.
Three GRIPPING new stories.
In the ULTIMATE story collection.
We all know that doors are for people with no imagination so smash the glass, climb through the window and enter the awesome world of Skulduggery Pleasant with this ultimate story collection.
For the first time, every Skulduggery Pleasant short story – plus The End of the World, the World Book Day novelette – is collected into one magnificent volume. But that's not all…
Written specially for this collection, there is an entirely new novella that will drag you into a nail-biting American horror story, Skulduggery-style, and three brand-spanking-new stories spanning the last 150 years. Join Gordon Edgley as he parties like it's 1985, watch Valkyrie Cain face a vampire in a fight to the death, and see the Dead Men as you've never seen them before. And then read the exclusive chapter from the final book…
Sometime after Book 1: Scaramouch Van Dreg manages to capture Skulduggery Pleasant.
Sometime after Book 2: The Muldoons kidnap babies and hold them to ransom for gold.
Sometime after Book 4: Skulduggery and Valkyrie search for Myosotis Terra.
Sometime after Kingdom of the Wicked Skulduggery and Valkyrie track down Silas Nadir.
Sometime after Theatre of Shadows: Skulduggery and Valkyrie attempt to avert the cause of the world's destruction.
Sometime after The Faceless Ones: Billy-Ray Sanguine saves some hilbilies whilst on a job to collect his employer's money.
Shortly after the events of The Maleficient Seven: Billy-Ray Sanguine runs into some old acquaintances and ends up having to fight them.
In addition, Derek gave a number of unused possible ideas for stories:
- A story starring Mr Bliss before he died.
- Valkyrie and Tanith Low before she was possessed by a Remnant.
- Skulduggery and The Dead Men during The War with Mevolent.
- One or two stories featuring the Dead Men.
- HarperCollins official page about the book.
- "Short Story Collection", Derek Landy Blogs Under Duress, 16 November 2013.
- "BEHOLD, MINIONS!!", Derek Landy Blogs Under Duress, 28 March 2014.
- "KOTW Paperback", Derek Landy Blogs Under Duress, 13 November 2012.
- "The Button", Derek Landy Blogs Under Duress, 24 December 2012.
- Derek Landy on Twitter, 22 September 2013.