This article does not have all the current information from the latest books. Please help fill in any missing biography.
This is a page about the events in the Skulduggery Pleasant universe. Note that not all the events might not be in perfect order, but they happen around the same time.
The Pre-War Years
The War Years (not in perfect order)
- Main article: The War
- Mevolent starts an army to bring back the Faceless Ones; recruiting Nefarian Serpine and Baron Vengeous as his generals and Dreylan Scarab as an assassin.
- Skulduggery Pleasant, Auron Tenebrae and Morwenna Crow were pursuing Mevolent's forces, who attacked the Irish Necromancer Temple. An ogre attacks Tenebrae and he falls, injured, but Skulduggery uses Tenebrae's dagger to kill it, without his permission; this should have killed Skulduggery. Tenebrae sees great potential in Skulduggery. Morwenna leaves the Necromancer Order.
- The Sanctuaries, previously an unofficial refuge for sorcerers, become worldwide organizations which enforce magical laws, and more importantly, oppose Mevolent. The Irish Sanctuary elects Eachan Meritorious, Sagacious Tome and Morwenna Crow as the Council of Elders.
- Under Serpine's command, Mevolent's forces once again attack the Necromancer Temple.
- Tenebrae teaches Serpine the Red Right Hand - a technique which causes agonising death to anyone he points his hand at. However, Tenebrae hearing that Serpine intends to use it against Skulduggery Pleasant, alters the technique out of personal interest. Now, if it is ever used against Skulduggery, the technique will have the additional effect of binding his soul to his body.
- The Necromancers declare themselves neutral in War.
- A part of a Faceless One is discovered in a temple. Mevolent assigns Baron Vengeous the task of resurrecting the remains. Vengeous creates the Grotesquery by stitching the remains of the Faceless One to other parts of various mythical beasts.
- China Sorrows creates the Diablerie (Herself, Baron Vengeous, Gruesome Krav, Murder Rose and Jaron Gallow)
- Corrival Deuce forms the Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant, Ghastly Bespoke, Hopeless, Erskine Ravel, Dexter Vex, Anton Shudder, and Saracen Rue in that order)
- While the Dead Men are on a mission, Hopeless is killed. However, Larrikin replaces him.
- Ghastly's mother defeats Serpine and Vengeous.
- Anathem Mire dies on his ultimate expedition to the caves under his mansion.
- At a pub in Belfast, plans to take down Mevolent end with Mr. Bliss revealing Myron Stray's True Name, Laudigan, during an argument. Stray's life falls apart.
- Thurid Guild creates the Exigency Programme. They frame Dreylan Scarab for the assassination of Esryn Vanguard - a man attempting to create a peaceful solution to the war. Scarab is imprisoned.
- The Diablerie, under Serpine's command, is ordered to lure Skulduggery into a trap. China Sorrows and Murder Rose kidnap his wife and child. Serpine murders Skulduggery's family in front of his eyes and, his mind fuelled by hatred, Skulduggery grabs a dagger in an attempt to physically attack Serpine. However, the dagger was poisoned and Skulduggery was captured.
- Skulduggery Pleasant died on the 23rd of October in the year 1700, tortured to death by Serpine. His body is hung on a stake and then burned. His bones are put in a bag and then thrown in a river.
- Skulduggery pieces his bones back together and returns to the battlefield with an unquenchable hatred for Serpine.
- A man in a black suit of armour bearing the name Lord Vile appears at a Necromancer Temple and receives necromancy training.
- Vile, believed to be the Death Bringer, leaves the temple out of distaste for their ways. TheNecromancers consequently lose their Death Bringer and Vile does not recieve knowledge of The Passage.
- Requiring an enemy, Lord Vile joins Mevolent as his third General, and single-handedly obliterates battlefields. Among the thousands killed, he kills Ghastly's Mother.
- Skulduggery eventually overcomes Lord Vile and abandons his armour in a mountain. He returns to fight for the Sanctuaries.
- China Sorrows betrays the Faceless Ones and leaves the Diablerie. She goes on to set up her library.
- A battle occurs between Skulduggery and Baron Vengeous. It ends with Skulduggery throwing dynamite at Vengeous.
- Larrikin is killed while on a mission with the Dead Men. He sacrificed himself for Dexter Vex, who was about to suffer Serpine's Red Right Hand.
- Mevolent is killed, and the Sanctuaries win the War.
- Serpine forms a truce with the Sanctuaries, providing him protection.
- Vengeous attempts to escape, aided by his friend Argus. However, a shed that Argus provided was discovered by the Sanctuary and Vengeous was arrested and imprisoned.
After the War
- Tanith Low was born.
- Goblins steal Skulduggery Pleasant's skull, but he wins another skull in a game of poker.
- Skulduggery Pleasant fails to help the Jitter Girls, and they die.
- Trope Kessel tells Batu about how it is possible for the Faceless Ones break through realities and enter Earth. Batu then murders Kessel and his body is given to the Sea Hag.
- Skulduggery becomes the Irish Sanctuary's Prime Detective.
- Anton Shudder opens the Midnight Hotel.
- Ghastly Bespoke opens Bespoke Tailors.
- Vaurien Scapegrace opens a bar in Roarhaven.
- Vaurien Scapegrace loses possession of his bar to Hieronymus Deadfall in a game of cards.
- Gordon Edgley buys Anathem Mire's mansion. He later hides it in the caves beneath, which is accessed using a key disguised as a brooch.
- Thames Chabon comes into possession of Skulduggery Pleasant's skull.
- During August of 1995, Stephanie Edgley is born.
Skulduggery Pleasant (2007)
- Gordon Edgley dies of a heart attack. It is later revealed that Nefarian Serpine killed him.
- In his will, Gordon leaves the brooch to Beryl Edgley, his sister-in-law, as well as advice to Skulduggery Pleasant and his mansion to his niece Stephanie Edgley.
- Stephanie is nearly killed by Vindick Leather. Skulduggery rescues her and reveals that he is a skeleton.
- Skulduggery investigates Gordon's death, and Stephanie tags along.
- Skulduggery acquaints Stephanie with Ghastly - who makes her protective clothing - and China Sorrows. Stephanie meets Tanith Low, and later, Mr. Bliss.
- Leather returns to kill Stephanie, but he is killed after chasing Stephanie into a river.
- Skulduggery breaks into the Bespoke family vault, to learn about the Sceptre. He suspects that Serpine is after the Sceptre.
- Skulduggery is kidnapped by Serpine.
- Stephanie attempts to warn the Sanctuary, who dismisses her. She goes to China Sorrows, who manipulates Stephanie using her Given Name.
- Stephanie Edgley uses Valkyrie Cain as her Taken Name, and alerts Ghastly. Together with the aid of two Cleavers, Tanith and Ghastly, Stephanie storms Serpine's castle. One of the Cleavers are killed, but the other is kept by Serpine.
- Skulduggery is rescued, and he learns that Gordon owned the Sceptre, which is under his house.
- After retrieving the brooch from Beryl, Stephanie begins to shows signs that she has magic.
- Skulduggery meets with Mr Bliss, who betrays him and steals the key.
- Serpine goes to the caves under Gordon's house and retrieves the Sceptre. Skulduggery and Stephanie flee the scene.
- Serpine experiments on the captured Cleaver, turning him into the White Cleaver.
- Sagacious Tome betrays the Sanctuary, and Serpine kills Eachan Meritorious and Morwenna Crow with the Sceptre. The administrator warns Skulduggery, but he is killed.
- The White Cleaver attacks Skulduggery, Stephanie, Ghastly and Tanith while they investigated Serpine's experiment room. Ghastly uses the element of Earth to protect himself, but turns into a statue.
- Serpine enters the Sanctuary, and kills Sagacious Tome in order to use the Book of Names, which he was after. Skulduggery, Tanith and Stephanie also enter the Sanctuary. Tanith engages the White Cleaver in combat and is mortally wounded. Before the White Cleaver fully kills Tanith, he mysteriously walks away.
- Skulduggery and Stephanie attack Serpine, but Skulduggery is momentarily incapacitated and Serpine breaks Stephanie's leg.
- Mr Bliss reveals that he was never on Serpine's side, but just requires Serpine to get the Sceptre so he could be predictable.
- Skulduggery attacks Serpine again. Serpine uses the Sceptre against Skulduggery, but he used the Book of Names as a shield, destroying it instead of him.
- Skulduggery pins Serpine against a wall using air magic, but Serpine points his Red Right Hand at Stephanie, torturing her. Skulduggery uses the Sceptre against Serpine. As Serpine used the White Cleaver Experiment on himself, he was the living dead. The Sceptre can only be used by the person who killed its previous owner, so when Skulduggery killed Serpine using the Sceptre, he ended its power.
- Tanith is rescued and Stephanie begins to develop her magic.
- Scaramouch Van Dreg is arrested .
- Thurid Guild is appointed as the Irish Grand Mage, along with a new female Administrator.
- Billy-Ray Sanguine frees Baron Vengeous from a Russian jail.
- Their plan is to revive the Grotesquery using Necromancy and blood of Ancient descent and use it as an Isthmus Anchor to allow the Faceless Ones to enter the human realm during an eclipse.
- Vaurien Scapegrace is arrested by Skulduggery Pleasant for attempted murder.
- The Torment makes Skulduggery Pleasant shoot Valkyrie Cain's reflection. This event makes the reflection act strangely from then on, such as coughing and being capable of emotions
- The Grotesquery is stolen by Baron Vengeous' minions.
- Baron Vengeous obtains Lord Vile's armour, and then kills Argus for allowing him to be captured.
- The Grotesquery wakes up in the middle of the night and kills Stentor and Civet, shortly before escaping the Hibernian Cinema.
- Billy-Ray Sanguine frees Springheeled Jack from prison
- Baron Vengeous orders the assassinations of Sanctuary members across the world as a distraction from the Grotesquery.
- Skulduggery Pleasant is fired and stripped of his title of Prime Detective
- In a car park, Baron Vengeous kills Sev and Zephyr before kidnapping China Sorrows and taking her to Clearwater Hospital.
- Baron Vengeous fails in opening up a portal, and the Grotesquery snaps his neck for failure
- Valkyrie Cain kills the Grotesquery. It's dying scream alerts the Faceless Ones to the location of the Earth
- Thurid Guild promotes Remus Crux to the Irish Prime Detective
- Batu formulates a plan to kill all the Teleporters apart from the inexperienced Fletcher Renn to open up a portal to the Faceless Ones' universe, using the Grotesquery's body as an Isthmus Anchor
- Batu takes charge of the Diablerie and places beacons on their arms that will act as a target sign for the Faceless Ones to possess them. However, everyone but him is told that the symbols are shields.
- Batu stabs Cameron Light in the back.
- Batu stabs Emmett Peregrine in the back.
- Batu, knowing that the weakening portal between the human realm and Faceless Ones realm is located at Aranmore Farm, disguises himself as an old man called Paddy Hanratty who owns said farm.
- Billy-Ray Sanguine, with the help of Gruesome Krav, steals the body of the Grotesquery.
- Batu enlists the help of the Sea Hag before freeing her.
- Valkyrie Cain and Skulduggery Pleasant successfully equip the Sceptre of the Ancients with a new black crystal.
- Thurid Guild is kidnapped by the Diablerie, who demand that Fletcher Renn be traded for in exchange for him.
- Valkyrie Cain is arrested by Remus Crux.
- At Liffey Bridge, the trade for Guild and Renn is underway but both sides have conflicting plans. While there, Skulduggery Pleasant captures Billy-Ray Sanguine.
- The trade ends with Guild being shot in the leg by Skulduggery and Fletcher Renn being stolen by the Sea Hag who was working with the Diablerie.
- Valkyrie Cain escapes her prison cell. The Administrator, who is a spy, tries to kill Mr. Bliss. Valkyrie Cain saves him and kills the Administrator.
- At Aranmore Farm, Jaron Gallow uses Fletcher Renn to open up the portal to the Faceless Ones' realm.
- Gruesome Krav is possessed by a Faceless One and kills Mr. Bliss.
- Batu steals the Sceptre of the Ancients, but it is taken by Remus Crux and later Valkyrie Cain.
- Murder Rose is possessed by a Faceless One.
- Valkyrie Cain blasts the Faceless One-possessed Gruesome Krav twice with the Sceptre of the Ancients, killing him.
- Faceless One-possessed Murder Rose destroys the Sceptre of the Ancients, and it implodes on itself, killing her.
- Batu is possessed by a Faceless One.
- Faceless One-possessed Batu, in a final attempt to stop being sucked into the portal, fires out tentacles of intestine to latch onto objects, inadvertently killing Batu. One of these tentacles latches onto Skulduggery Pleasant, and he is sucked into the Faceless One's realm.
- Valkyrie Cain starts to use Necromancy.
- Tanith Low confronts the legendary Black Annis.
- Black Annis is arrested.
Skulduggery Pleasant: Dark Days (2009)
- After Remus Crux was driven insane by looking at a Faceless One, Davina Marr is recruited as the Irish Prime Detective
- Davina Marr buys Skulduggery Pleasant's skull off Thames Chabon
- Solomon Wreath helps Valkyrie in finding Skulduggery Pleasant's skull, and using it as an Isthmus Anchor so that they can open up another portal to the Faceless One's realm and save him
- With the help of Caelan, Valkyrie Cain finds Skulduggery Pleasant's skull
- Dreylan Scarab is released from prison
- The Revengers' Club is formed- this consists of Dreylan Scarab, Billy-Ray Sanguine, Springheeled Jack, Remus Crux, Dusk and Vaurien Scapegrace. Their plan is to possess Kenspeckle Grouse with a remnant, make him repair the Desolation Engine , and force Thurid Guild to blow up Croke Park Stadium
- Vaurien Scapegrace is killed and revived as a zombie, then ordered to recruit a Zombie Horde for the Revengers' club
- Valkyrie Cain and her allies steal Skulduggery Pleasant's skull
- At Aranmore Farm, Fletcher Renn opens another portal, and Skulduggery Pleasant is saved
- Billy-Ray Sanguine steals the Irish Temple's soul catcher
- The Revengers' Club steals the Desolation Engine
- The zombie horde, except for Vaurien Scapegrace and Thrasher, are killed by the defenders of the Midnight Hotel
- Mr Jib is killed
- Miss Nuncio is killed
- Billy-Ray Sanguine steals a remnant
- The Revengers' Club kidnaps Kenspeckle Grouse and Tanith Low
- Kenspeckle Grouse is possessed by a remnant, fixes the Desolation Engine and makes a copy
- China Sorrows shoots Remus Crux after he threatened to reveal her secret of her involvement with Skulduggery Pleasant's family, however,Prave heard her secret
- Springheeled Jack is arrested
- Fletcher Renn prevents Croke Park Stadium from being destroyed
- Thurid Guild is arrested
- Davina Marr forces Myron Stray to activate the Desolation Engine. As well as killing Myron and Pennant, it destroys the entire Irish Sanctuary
- Valkyrie Cain, with the help of Cassandra Pharos, realises that she is Darquesse, the destroyer of the world
The Wonderful Adventures of Geoffrey Scrutinous (2009)
- Davit Maybury kills Elwood Satchel with a bewitched pen
- Davit Maybury accidentally suffocates himself to death after locking himself in a room
- Brendan Cassidy is accidentally killed by Davit Maybury's bewitched pen
Skulduggery Pleasant: Mortal Coil (2010)
- The Torment employs Tesseract to kill Davina Marr
- Vandameer Craven, Auron Tenebrae and Solomon Wreath decide that Valkyrie Cain is a good candidate for the Death Bringer
- Skulduggery Pleasant and his allies rescue Davina Marr
- Solomon Wreath is tasked with possessing Finbar Wrong with a remnant to see a vision of Darquesse. The remnant escapes, now wanting to possess Valkyrie Cain and release Darquesse
- Tesseract kills Hokum Pete, Lightning Dave , Brobding and Hieronymus Deadfall
- Vaurien Scapegrace gives the location of Skulduggery Pleasant's house to Tesseract
- Anton Shudder is possessed and frees all the remnants
- Tesseract kills Davina Marr
- Tesseract is betrayed by the Torment
- Tesseract kills Graft and Ceryen before he is possessed by a remnant
- Nye seals Valkyrie Cain's True name
- As the remnant outbreak becomes uncontrollable, instances such as the death of Imogen and the attack on Eamon Campbell and James Hubbard become common
- Corrival Deuce is elected as Grand Mage of the Irish Sanctuary
- The Irish Sanctuary forms a plan to activate the Soul-Catcher at MacGillicuddy's Reeks to trap all the remnants
- Fletcher Renn and Clarabelle are possessed by remnants
- Kenspeckle Grouse is dissected with scalpels by a remnant-possessed Clarabelle
- Valkyrie Cain is kidnapped by people possessed by remnants and taken to MacGillicuddy's Reeks
- Valkyrie Cain is possessed by a remnant and turned into Darquesse
- Valkyrie Cain in Darquesse form decapitates famous swordsman Burgundy Dalrymple and kills many others
- The Soul-Catcher is turned on, and all the remnants are sucked in except one.
- Corrival Deuce dies
- Erskine Ravel is appointed as Grand Mage of the Irish Sanctuary, with the other two elders being Ghastly Bespoke and Madame Mist
- Tanith Low is permanently possessed by a remnant and leaves with Bill-Ray Sanguine to Ohio
- Tesseract kills the Torment
- Lord Vile's armour kills Tesseract
Trick or Treat (2011)
- Jerry Ordain tells Remnant-possessed Tanith Low about the God-Killer weapons, and their assumed locations.
- Tanith kills Jerry Ordain
Skulduggery Pleasant: Death Bringer (2011)
- Alison Edgley is born
- Jaron Gallow starts to work with Eliza Scorn, but secretly he wants to destroy The Church of the Faceless.
- Vandameer Craven turns Melancholia St Clair into a powerful Necromancer with the hope of being the Death Bringer and unleashing the Passage
- Bison Dragonclaw kills Paul Lynch
- Bison Dragonclaw kills Bernadette Maguire
- Bison Dragonclaw releases the Jitter Girls
- China Sorrows is blackmailed by Eliza Scorn into helping rebuild the Church of the Faceless
- Following the death of Kenspeckle Grouse, Madame Mist employs Nye as the Irish Sanctuary's new doctor, and Clarabelle is allowed to be Nye's assistant
- Valkyrie Cain and Skulduggery Pleasant chase Bison Dragonclaw, but a warlock attacks them, and destroys himself after being arrested
- Melancholia St Clair severely attacks Valkyrie Cain and almost kills her
- Skulduggery Pleasant issues an arrest warrant for Melancholia St Clair after an attack on Valkyrie Cain, a Sanctuary official. Vandameer Craven refuses to open the doors, and the Irish Sanctuary begins to raid the Irish Temple
- Jaron Gallow collaborates with China Sorrows- they plan to meet at the Requiem Ball where Jaron will give her a list of twelve prominent disciples of the Faceless Ones, and they can assassinate them
- Valkyrie Cain and Skulduggery Pleasant, with the aide of Bison Dragonlaw, infiltrate the Irish Temple using the personal tunnel of Bertrand Solus
- Melancholia St Clair sucks the life force out of Bison Dragonlaw and about 30 other Necromancers
- Melancholia St Clair sucks the life force out of Auron Tenebrae
- About 40 necromancers escpe the Irish Temple and hide in an abandoned retirement home
- Solomon Wreath helps the Irish Sanctuary locate Melancholia St Clair, and more Necromancers are arrested
- Vandameer Craven enlists the help of Vaurien Scapegrace, who steals a disc for him and then creates a second zombie horde
- Jaron Gallow is killed
- The zombie horde, except for Vaurien Scapegrace and Thrasher, are eaten by creatures under Gordon Edgley's mansion
- Melancholia St Clair sucks the life force out of 300 guests at the Requiem Ball
- Melancholia St Clair kills Bertrand Solus
- Melancholia St Clair kills Adrienna Shade
- Skulduggery Pleasant shoots Vandameer Craven in the head
- Melancholia St Clair givves back the life force of the 300 guests at the Requiem Ball
- Skulduggery Pleasant turns into Lord Vile
- Vaurien Scapegrace is decapitated by the White Cleaver, but his head remains alive due to the fact that he is a zombie.
- Skulduggery Pleasant as Lord Vile kills the White Cleaver
- Darquesse is released from Valkyrie Cain by Melancholia St Clair
- Valkyrie Cain as Darquesse and Skulduggery Pleasant as Lord Vile attack each other, then return to normal
- Eliza Scorn reveals that China Sorrows led Skulduggery Pleasant's family to the death and blows up China's library
- Fletcher Renn and Valkyrie Cain kill Caelan
The End of the World (2012)
- Dafydd Maybury accidentally falls into a wood chipper and dies
- Deacon Maybury disguises himself as a boy called Ryan
- Vincent Foe, Mercy Charient, Obloquy and Samuel try to activate the Doomsday Machine
- Deacon Maybury comes out of his disguise
- Mercy Charient, Obloquy and Samuel are arrested
Just Another Friday Night (2012)
- Tane Aiavao and Hayley Skirmish work alongside Skulduggery and Valkyrie in Brisbane to remove the curse of the Doherty clan.
Myosotis Terra (2012)
- Skulduggery and Valkyrie rescue Myosotis Terra
Skulduggery Pleasant: Kingdom of the Wicked (2012)
- Argeddion reawakens & puts his plan The Summer of Light into motion.
- Kitana Kellaway and her gang are granted strange powers by Argeddion.
- Kitana kills Patrick Xebec.
- People begin to suffer from Argeddion's experiments.
- Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyrie Cain attempt to sedate Ed Stynes.
- The Supreme Council pressures The Irish Sanctuary into accepting "help" after the recent outbursts from Ireland.
- Eliza Scorn meets with Christophe Nocturnal.
- Skulduggery and Valkyrie meet Greta Dapple. They learn that Argeddion was once Walden D'Essai, a pacifist who learned his true Name.
- Skulduggery and Valkyrie travel to Hammer Lane gaol to find Silas Nadir, a Dimensional Shunter, to question him about Tyren Lament's work.
- Tanith Low and Billy-Ray Sanguine return from the USA and kill an old lady sent by Nocturnal to kill Valkyrie. She reveals that they wish to protect Valkyrie so that she can fulfill her destiny and become Darquesse.
Theatre of Shadows
- Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyrie Cain get sent into another dimension by Silas Nadir and get saved by Ghastly Bespoke and Finbar Wong
The Button (December 21, 2012)
- Skulduggery and Valkyrie avert the cause of the world's destruction
The Maleficent Seven (April 2013, Flashbacks to 1920's and 2007)
- Tanith Low gathers a team to destroy the God-Killer weapons.
- Dexter Vex attempts to stop her.
- Paulie, Crab and Johann Starke are robbed of their weapons.
- Tanith breaks into The British Sanctuary.
- Springheeled Jack, Sabine & Black Annis are killed.
- Tanith is rescued by Moribund.
- Dusk learns that Moloch turned him into a vampire.
- Billy-Ray Sanguine pretends to destroy the God-Killers.
Skulduggery Pleasant: Last Stand of Dead Men (August - October 2013)
- Three Months before Book 8: The Engineer is hit by a bus before it can stop The Accelerator from blowing up.
- Valkyrie and The Monster Hunters free Skulduggery from Witches.
- Charivari hunts down Department X as a reprisal for the apparent murder of Warlocks by mortals.
- Illori Reticent tries to convince Irish Elders, Ghastly Bespoke, Erskine Ravel and Madame Mist to let the Supreme Council establish a Council of Nine and not three in Ireland. Ravel refuses.
- Valkyrie celebrates her 18th Birthday.
- She and Skulduggery go to meet Solomon Wreath. Wreath gives Valkyrie an "upgrade" to her Necromancer abilities as a present. Pleasant questions Wreath over why Bison Dragonclaw convinced the Warlock to kill Skulduggery and Valkyrie. Wreath reveals that Dragonclaw gave a name to the Warlock that Charivari wanted which was Department X. Skulduggery says that Department X doesn't exist; It's just used as an excuse in case any mortals ask any questions over why creatures died. Wreath also says that five years ago Baritone, one of the necromancers during the Battle of Aranmore Farm, noticed three mortals boasting about how they faced warlocks. Baritone asked who hired them but they couldn't remember the man. Skulduggery states that they have been hearing a lot about the mystery man; Davina Marr couldn't remember who hired her to blow up the Sanctuary and Sean Mackin was relased from his cell by someone who he couldn't remember.
- Ghastly discovers Bernard Sult trying to blow up the Accelerator. They are stopped.
- Vakyrie visits China Sorrows to find out more about The Man with Golden Eyes and also advice about how to tell her parents about Magic.
- Scapegrace, now in a woman's body, trains under Grandmaster Ping. He insists that he is still a man, and Thrasher appears to be developing romantic feelings for him. They return to Ireland in the hope of thwarting evil, and becoming vigilantes.
- The Supreme Council declares all-ot war on Ireland after Sult is murdered. They send Foe's gang to kill China.
- She leads them to The Church of the Faceless where they attack Eliza Scorn.
- The Dead Men reform and travel to France to reclaim the Engineer. They pass through Wolfsong, where they are attacked by Warlock magic. They manage to escape with the help of Australia and Africa, other cradles of magic.