Welcome to Skulpedia!
Welcome to the Skulduggery Pleasant Wiki, SophiaDescole13, the definitive source for Skulduggery Pleasant information!
Please read our introduction, where you'll find out what this site is and what we're trying to accomplish.
Well, we do have spoiler template for the most recently released book (currently Death Bringer). You might want to bring it up on the Community Portal. Unfortunately, it's hard to write any wiki without spoiling the plot of something. Manga (talk • contribs) 21:56, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I do have an idea for a fancy spoiler on/off button, but that'll probably end up being tough to manage. Plus, I'm not sure how exactly to get the button to work in Wikia's skin. Manga (talk • contribs) 22:03, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I've been basically using the Roarhaven wiki as a testing ground since it's relatively untouched, so you can have a look at what I'd imagine it to look like here. Press the "Spoilers shown" button at the top, and it'll turn off spoilers. However, not sure if I'd like to bring it into this wiki or even keep it on that one. Manga (talk • contribs) 22:09, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
- (EDIT: Oh, and if you have a look, try not to read any of the actual text. Don't want to be spoilered now do we?) Manga (talk • contribs) 22:10, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Without the button, it's not really worth the effort unless something is super amazingly spoilerful, IMO. Having a big bunch of text that you have to highlight to read can be very annoying, especially presuming that a lot of the readers will have gone through the books. I only know two wikis that have used such a thing like that: TV Tropes (which is more general than any specific series and doesn't just describe the plot in pure) and a Portal wiki (which I stole the whole button thing from). Manga (talk • contribs) 22:28, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
Ins and outs
Okay, we italicise the names of books and put short stories in quote marks. E.g. Playing With Fire, "The Lost Art Of World Domination", Mortal Coil, and "Gold, Babies And The Brothers Muldoon". Note that The End Of The World is in italics, because it's a standalone book, albeit a short bonus one. As you may have noticed, the first letter of every word is capitalised. That's how Derek writes them on his blog, and when I asked him about the capitalisation of PWF on Bebo that's how he told me to capitalise it.
Have a look at Skulduggery Pleasant for how to set out a character article. Try to avoid reading too much of the article though, because Death Bringer has an awesome twist. Manga (talk • contribs) 11:26, February 17, 2012 (UTC)
- The pages themselves are at the full titles, but because that can be a bit of a mouthful we often shorten them when mentioning them. It's a similar case on Wikipedia, really. Manga (talk • contribs) 15:18, February 17, 2012 (UTC)